Anna B. Alcalá is a Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in individual, couples and family therapy with children, adults, and couples, and maintains a private practice in Camarillo, CA.
A graduate of California State University Northridge with a Master of Science in Counseling: Marriage and Family Therapy, Anna B. Alcalá is a bilingual Spanish-English clinician currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Her area of expertise includes working with children, adolescents and adult victims of crime and trauma survivors. In addition to being a well respected relationship therapist, Anna has authored a couple of workbooks called: "Bouncing Back from Child Sexual Abuse" and "I Love and Protect Myself," along with their Spanish counterparts: "Recuperandose del Abuso Sexual Infantil" and "Me Quiero y Me Protejo" respectively.
Anna B. Alcalá uses a hands on, cognitive-behavioral, experiential, and solution-focused interventions in helping clients achieve their treatment goals. She provides support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal, school, and/or work related challenges. Anna integrates an eclectic approach using complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized treatment. With compassion and understanding Anna works with each client to help identify, emphasize, and build strengths to achieve their personal best and increase levels of functioning in social, academic, work, and family interactions.
Education Master of Science in Counseling: Marriage and Family Therapy (2009)
California State University Northridge, GPA 4.0
Member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Additional Education and Training
· Trial-Based Cognitive Therapy, 2017, with Dr. Irismar Reis de Oliveira
· Structural Family Therapy, 2017, with Dr. Marshall Jung
· Participated in Reflective Supervision with Dr. Stroud, 2016 and 2017
· Various CBT trainings, individual, family, group, considering trauma and culture 2015, 2016, 2017
· Trained on evidence based program: “Seeking Safety,” 2014
· Published: “I Love and Protect Myself Workbook,” 2013
· Trained on “Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy,” 2010
· Published: “Bouncing Back workbook,” 2009
· Trained at the California Victim Assistance Academy, 2007
· Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
· Member of the Ventura County California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (VC-CAMFT)
· Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
· Member of The National Resource on ADHD (CHADD)
· Competent leader award, Toastmasters International, 2007
· Competent communicator award, Toastmasters International, 2006
· TV and radio appearances in New Orleans promoting prevention programs
· Selected top young leader by Vocero newspaper, New Orleans, LA 2003