Anna B. Alcala is a Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in individual, couples and family therapy with children, adults, and couples, and maintains a private practice in Camarillo, CA.
A graduate of California State University Northridge with a Master of Science in Counseling: Marriage and Family Therapy, Anna B. Alcala is a bilingual Spanish-English clinician currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Her area of expertise includes working with children and adults victims of crime who are dealing with issues of trauma. In addition to being a well respected relationship therapist, Anna B. Alcala has authored a couple of workbooks called: "Bouncing Back from Child Sexual Abuse" and "I Love and Protect Myself," along with their Spanish counterparts: "Recuperandose del Abuso Infantil" y "Me Quiero y Me Protejo" respectively.
Anna B. Alcala uses a hands on, experiential, and solution-focused interventions in helping clients meet particular goals. Her therapeutic approaches provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates an eclectic approach and complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach, tailored to each client's goals. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual in helping build on their strengths and attain their personal goals.
Master of Science in Counseling: Marriage and Family Therapy (2009)
California State University Northridge, GPA 4.0
Member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Additional Education and Training
· DSM 5 training 2014
· Trained on evidence based program: “Seeking Safety,” 2014
· Published: “I Love and Protect Myself Workbook,” 2013
· Mandated reporter training, 2012
· Trained on “Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy,” 2010
· Published: “Bouncing Back workbook,” 2009
· Trained at the California Victim Assistance Academy, 2007
· Competent leader award, Toastmasters International, 2007
· Competent communicator award, Toastmasters International, 2006
· State approved domestic violence 40 hour training, 2006
· TV and radio appearances in New Orleans promoting prevention programs
· Selected top young leader by Vocero newspaper, New Orleans, LA 2003
Professional Activities and Memberships
· Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
· Ventura County Marriage and Family Therapists (VC-CAMFT)